At one time or another, you may have looked at your reflection in the mirror and wondered if you need braces. While you might want a perfect smile like that of your favorite actor or model, there is more to Queen Creek orthodontics treatment than aesthetics. The following signs indicate that it is time to schedule a consultation.
How to Tell if You Need Braces
Having crooked teeth is one sign of needing braces, but there are other conditions that warrant a trip to the orthodontist:
- You have crowded teeth prevent you from properly brushing and flossing
- Your teeth are sensitive, which can mean there is a misalignment issue
- There are sizable gaps between your teeth
- You have trouble with your speech
- You consistently bite the inside of your cheek
- There is pain in your jaw, indicating TMJ disorder
Metal Braces or Invisalign
If you do need braces, you can choose between the traditional metal type and the modern Invisalign system. While both will straighten your teeth effectively, the timeline for Invisalign is typically shorter and is often the first choice of treatment by orthodontists. There are three reasons for this:
- Invisibility. The clear aligners are not obvious to others, and the ability to get a perfect smile without wearing metal is very appealing. This is the main reason Queen Creek orthodontics treatment is so appealing to teenagers.
- Oral hygiene. Keeping your mouth clean with metal braces is a challenge. It is very difficult to brush and floss each day because there are too many places for food particles to hide. Invisalign aligners can be removed for thorough care of the teeth.
- Faster results. Invisalign can work faster than metal braces with some patients seeing results in one year. Metal braces can take two to three years for noticeable changes.
The Invisalign Process
If you think you need braces, schedule a consultation with an orthodontist. You will receive an exam of your teeth, mouth and jaw to determine an effective course of treatment. Invisalign aligners are designed by computer to provide an exact fit and are much more comfortable to wear than metal braces. In many cases, Invisalign works well, but it is possible that your needs are too complex, and you will need to consider other options to attain your smile goals or correct other dental problems.
Having a perfect smile boosts confidence and can improve every area of a person's life. The caring staff at Robison Orthodontics is always available to answer your questions and help you get the smile you have always wanted. Call 480-888-7711 to schedule a consultation or visit the website today.